Meet the team
John Dyne (Solicitor, Director of Dyne Solicitors Limited)
I am the founder of Dyne Solicitors Limited (DSL) a niche specialist practice specialising in Road Haulage, Environmental and Health & Safety Law. As a regulatory lawyer I devote the majority of my time to representing clients at Court (criminal defence) and Tribunals (Public Inquiries). In 2011 I was delighted that DSL won Liverpool Law Society’s prestigious “Niche Law Firm Award”. In 2012 I was invited to appear on BBC NI’s Spotlight current affairs programme in connection with health & safety issues at Landfill Sites. In 2013 DSL was recognised in Legal 500 for its expertise in Road Transport Law. I am Secretary and legal adviser to the Heavy Transport Association (HTA) and the Batched on Site Association (BSA). I am also a Member of the Institute of Road Transport Administration (IoTA). I am a regular speaker at Seminars and have given legal presentations on Environmental, Health & Safety and Road Transport legal issues for CLT, Liverpool Law Society, BSA and Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM). My specialist areas include: Defence Advocacy & Consultancy in Road Transport (heavy haulage, abnormal loads, drivers hours. road transport offences and Operator Licensing Public Inquiries), Waste & Environmental Law (skips, MRFs, recycling, recovery, landfill, permits, exemptions, renewables), Environmental Appeals (Revocation of Permits, Reg 36 and Reg 37 Notices) Health & Safety (workplace death/ injuries general advice).
Jared Dunbar (Solicitor, Director of Road Transport Services)
- I provide talks to operators on road transport law and Operator Licensing, including appearing at the UK Concrete Show at the NEC to discuss legislation changes.
- I wrote the legal content for the Heavy Transport Association’s 30th Anniversary Yearbook and the UK Haulier website.
- I am also regularly quoted in Commercial Motor magazine and have been interview by Corporate Livewire alongside other leading transport lawyers from around the world.
- I also write a regular column in Heavy Torque, a transport magazine for the heavy haulage.
- I have been involved in discussions with the Department for Transport, DVSA and various Members of Parliament over the implementation of forthcoming European legislation.
- I have also advised clients on appearing before the Transport Select Committee.
- I advise on all aspects of transport compliance and operator licensing and defending prosecutions by the DVSA (formerly VOSA) and the Police.
- I act as an advocate at Public Inquiry hearings where I have an enviable success rate at Public Inquiries.
- I not only assist transport clients with their contentious requirements but also in managing their Operator’s Licences.
- I am the coordinator of a national trade association (BSA) for operators of mobile batching plant.
- I was shortlisted for Junior Lawyer of the Year 2015 in Liverpool Law Society.
- I was shortlisted for Lawyer Monthly’s Transport Lawyer of the Year 2015.
Deborah Bond (Solicitor, Director of Litigation Services)
I am a Solicitor at Dyne Solicitors Limited. My areas of practice are Commercial Litigation, Civil Litigation, Licensing Law and Road Transport Law.
My primary focus is dispute resolution, assisting our niche area clients in resolving issues that have arisen concerning breach of contract, breach of permits, difficulties that occur linked with their Operating Centres or Licences, the recovery of assets and debts. As part of the Road Transport Team, I assist applicants in their applications for Operating Licences and where problems arise with existing Operating Licences, I assist Operators and Transport Managers in preparation of their cases and provide Defence Advocacy at Operator Licensing Public Inquiries.
Katharine Dyne-Narici (Solicitor)
I qualified as a Solicitor with DSL after a career in Biomedical Research. I am Practice Manager of DSL and ensure that the Practice is run with an emphasis on client care and commercial awareness, so that clients can achieve the best outcome. I practice as a solicitor in the Transport Law Department and assist applicants with applications for Operating Licences and where problems arise with existing Operating Licences act as an advocate at Public Inquiry hearings. I also act in dispute resolution cases in both civil and commercial cases. I have been co-coordinator of a national trade association (HTA) since 2005 and am also the HTA Treasurer. I am regularly involved with issues affecting the heavy haulage industry interfacing between the association Governmental Departments and Local Authorities.
Jonny Bell (Solicitor)
I work within the Road Transport Law Department and am often the first point of contact for our transport clients. My experience with Public Inquiry, Operator Licence regulations and Applications means that I am often able to advise quickly and efficiently. I will speak with you about the intricacies of your case, your personal and business needs. From here I can advise upon your best available options to move your case forward and will talk you through the process attached to each option. I can answer any initial question you may have and arrange a consultation or representation, as appropriate. For some objective, obligation free advice, please give me a call now.
Nick Woodhead (Transport Coordinator)
I work within the Transport Law Department and my primary role is to coordinate work within the Transport Department. I am often the first point of contact with clients and spend much of my time liaising with clients to ensure they get the best possible service.